Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Carrot Cupcakes with Marshmallow Bunny Toppers



I went to Target earlier this month and bought a bag of bunny shaped marshmallows.  I also bought a bag of Haribo gummi bunnies (who knew they existed?).  Yup, my love of  bunnies has been going strong.  I have only found use for the marshamallows thus far.  This means that I will be eating a whole bag of gummi bunnies soon.  And I guess I HAVE to eat the leftover adorable bunny marshmallows too, right?  I don't believe in wasting time.  Or candy.   Welcome to eat like an easter rabbit month here at My Feelings Taste Like Cupcakes Headquarters.  :)  All bunny, all the time.  I'm totally wearing rabbit ears as I type this*.


You saw my post from earlier this week, my cupcakes in a jar?  Well I made more cupcakes than I had jars.  Cupcakes sans jars are easier to distribute anyways.  But I wasn't sure how to top them. I had some easter bunny sprinkles... but the frosting on these is so delicious that I didn't want to throw the flavors off balance with too much sugar.

And then I found the marshmallows in my baking cupboard.   Just add toothpicks and it's so easy it's really frankly cheating. =x

But they look so adorable I don't care.  I love the little guys hopping over mounds of cream cheese frosting, skipping over the walnuts with such ease.  They're living the life!

They're the same recipe as before, obviously.  Can't stress it enough, make these.  The cupcakes are amazing.

Wouldn't you love to get him in your Easter basket?


No I lie, you want him and all of his bunny friends with you.  What do you call that?  A family?  Not a herd, not a school...  I'm googling now because I bet you're dying to know.  You're welcome.  


A COLONY.  YOU WANT A WHOLE COLONY OF EASTER BUNNY MARSHMALLOW CARROT CUPCAKES.  Wow, my blog is educational now too.  You are DOUBLE welcome.

Do you know who doesn't care about these cupcakes though? Poodles.  Poodles do not care about cupcakes.  They just care about getting in the way of my shots.



Happy Easter everyone! From me and my spoiled poodles.  May you stay away from peep shows. And may I stay away from that ENTIRE bag of gummy bunnies.

xoxo,
Anna

*No I'm not.  Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment