By the time I post this, I will have made these cookies three, maybe four times. They're that good. They're really just like my regular oatmeal raisin cookies but instead of raisins they have cranberries and white chocolate chips. So that obviously means they are delicious. Let's be honest though, what cookie is not delicious?
I don't understand people who don't like oatmeal raisin cookies. So naturally, I won't understand anyone who does not like this cookie, either. Dried fruit DOES have a place in sweet treats. It's no fatty ice cream cookie sandwich, but it is something important with a rightful place in my internet cook book.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 36, Bake at 350* for around 9 minutes
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 c unsalted butter, room temp
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c oats
2/3 c dried craisins
1 c white chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer.
3. Add in vanilla extract and egg and beat until fully incorporated.
4. Add in flour mixture to batter.
5. Fold in oats, then craisins, then the white chocolate chips
5. Scoop out dough balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake until edges are brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
6. Let set on cookie sheet for 1-3 minutes and then place on cooling rack.
I made these for a pool party, for a park BBQ and just a few weekends ago I baked some batches as part of a fundraiser/bake sale for the upcoming San Francisco Aids Walk on July 21, 2013. There's been stacks and stacks of cookies at my house lately.
I've been baking for a few weeks now; a dozen cookies as a thank you to anyone who donates online to a good cause. If you'd like to donate please feel free to support me by clicking here. You never know, you may get a delivery of cookies at your door step yourself. ;)