A short, light post today. Just to prove to you all that I really like peanut butter.
I am not even kidding when I say that some days when I wake up and lie in bed trying to convince myself to get up and start my day, I only get up because I bribe myself with breakfast. FOOD! Every single morning I spread peanut butter on top of a toasted whole wheat English muffin and it melts in the nooks and crannies and it is bomb. Add a cup of coffee and I am one happy girl.
That's what I had for brekkie today. And then followed it up with a bar... or two of these bad boys. Peanut butter (creamy and crunchy), chocolate, cereal, marshmallows, caffeine, carbs? Those are all my food groups right?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
10 oz. bag marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely but do not let boil.
2. Add in marshmallows, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula to prevent sticking.
3. Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
4. Remove from heat and immediately add in rice krispy cereal.
5. Scoop mixture into a 9 x 13 pan lined with wax paper. Pat down with a greased piece of waxed paper until smooth and even. Let set a few minutes.
7. Melt semi sweet chocolate chips and pour over top of rice krispies. Let set a few minutes.
8. Melt peanut butter chips and pipe on as much or little peanut butter on top of the chocolate chip layer as you'd like. I piped on chevron stripes just because I could. :) Let set. (You can speed up the process by putting these in the fridge for a few minutes. But be careful, too much time in the fridge and you won't be able to cut through the cereal!
I love the layered look of these, don't you?
Rice krispys treats have become my go to treat for when I am either too lazy or it's too hot to bake. I made some cookie butter rice krispy treats before, but thought I would try peanut butter out since that had been my original intention month ago. If you recall, I wanted to do peanut butter but a friend threw cookie butter in instead, giving me a mini heart attack in the process. So this was my redemption to myself.
Peanut Butter redemption is the best, by the way.
I owe so many people cookies it's ridiculous. So I shall be back soon.