Sunday, May 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


While transferring these cookie pictures from my camera to my computer right now I realized that I needed to eat another one.  Right now.  And so now I am stuffed with cookies.  For the second time again.  Guess that is not that rare of an occurrence.

Happy Memorial Day by the way.  :)  Are you waking up and in need of something fast and yummy to make using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry?  That was my dilemma this morning but luckily I found these.

Actually, I was just going to do peanut butter chocolate chip and while researching the best recipe, I came across this one that used oats too.

Uhm peanut butter, chocolate chips AND oats?  That's so much delicious in one cookie that I threw on my apron and ran to the kitchen.

The only thing that I would change from this recipe is to add MORE oats.  Cuz Oats are good.  And filling, so maybe you would be less likely to shove five of these babies in your mouth.  Not that I did that or anything...

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Bake at 350* for 8 minutes. Makes 18



1 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 stick (½ c) unsalted butter, at room temp
½ c peanut butter (creamy)
½ c granulated sugar
1/3 c light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temp
½ c rolled oats (next time I will up it to 3/4 c)
1 c semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Sift flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
2. Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla on medium speed in a mixer.  Add egg.
3. On low, add in flour mixture slowly until fully incorporated.
4.  Fold in the oats to the peanut butter cookie dough yummyness.



5.  Fold in chocolate chips.



6. Scoop dough onto large baking sheet.  I used a medium scoop and was able to get around 18 full sized cookies out.


7. Flatten out with your hand.



8. Bake for eight minutes, these don't turn gold until around minute 10 but that's too long to leave them in, so do eight minutes and then leave them on the cookies sheet for another 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.  Chewy is better I learned with these.



While I was setting up the photo shoot for these I took four with me.  But when I was done, I came back with only three.  Too irresistible.  I am definitely going to make these again. 




Can you see the oats?  How can you not sneak a bite?


Is it bad that my tummy hurts from over eating Mexican BBQ and cookies but I would still REALLY like to have another one of these?

xoxo,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment