Wednesday, October 26, 2011

San Francisco Likes Cupcakes

So today is day 6 of my return from Europe.  It's probably also about day 6 of FAILING at going back to eating healthy.  (Random fact; i don't eat carbs during the week lol.  Which explains my bingey weekends now, huh?)

Why did i fail today?  Because on my lunch, i ran out to do some errands.

And i walked by and saw this.


 And I continued to walk about half way down the block before  i stopped and realized what it was that i saw. Cupkates.  I had heard of them, but had never come across them.


So i did what any normal person would do.  I stared at the truck for a few minutes trying to make sure that my eyes were not deceiving me.  But nope.  Those were cuppycakes staring at me.


 It took forever for me to decide on a flavor.  They had seven and i could only justify one!  :(  I wish i had a partner in crime in the FiDi for these things.


Finally, I settled on Salted Caramel.  And took pictures of it outside the steps on Market Street. I would add "like a weirdo" at the end of the sentence, but i think SF is used to much worse.


I actually waited until after lunch to eat it.  And OMG IT WAS SO GOOD.  >.<  Hands down the best chocolate cake recipe in a cupcake i have tasted.  I want to break into Cupkate Headquarters and steal the recipe!  It was super moist and delicious.  And the butter cream was not over whelming or chalk full of butter.  A much better recipe than Kara's.


I stalked them online a little and found out that they have actually started setting up down the street from me every Friday.  So i may have to go back....

xoxo,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment